Tuesday, September 9, 2014

A Corrupted World

Ladies and gentlemen,

I bring this sad announcement to you today that our world may be broken. The most recent update of Minecraft included temples deep undersea with promises of treasures and guardians. Jeb had it planned that upon updating the world would automatically integrate this future causing no issues.

I think we have an issue. Just a few minutes ago I generated a new world under a different name on the server. It ran perfectly even at max view distance. Earlier I could not play our current world on render distance 2 for more than a minute, and with Ion on it was hopeless. Play for 15-30 seconds, lose connection from lag, wait for server to catch up, and repeat. Our massive world may also be a contributing factor.

I thought this was something we could avoid, but it appears that's not possible. Please comment whether or not you want to try and save the world in 1.7.9 or just simply switch to 1.8 in a new world.

If we switch to a new world I will post the current version of the world and the most recent backup which will at least preserve most in a non-corrupted form. I know a lot of us put much work into that world.

5 comments:

  1. I personally vote to start a new world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? It is working fine for me.

    If we must do this, I hesitantly vote for a new world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well… That is… Depressing…
    I just had found more inspiration to continue Byrch…
    Either way, what must be done must be done. I vote for a new world.
    HOWEVER. I believe we should make a world dowload file so that we could continue our WIP builds in SP.
    Anyone agree?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firstly, I take back my statement made in my previous comment. Vico logged in, and I was immediately booted from the server. Either way, I have to agree with him. Let's make it a world download. I'd like to keep my place in a SP world, at least.

    ReplyDelete
  5. until then, we could meet up on idk like shotbow or mineplex or another survival server for all I care. I'm very busy right now and i can barely log on for long… However I'd like to know whats new in your lives! *Not Creep Intended*… I was also wondering, how's everyone first school week been?

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is currently turned off. Have fun commenting!