Friday, February 7, 2014

Server Cleaning and Sprucing Up

First off, don't be mislead by the title of this post. This is not another one of my posts where I type paragraph after paragraph throwing different viewpoints and ideas for the server. This isn't where I am going to tell you what plans I have and dreams I hope to accomplish. Done plenty of those posts already. This one is different.

This post's purpose is to explain why THIS time is different from all the other times. Why this time the work I promise to do will be done. So what makes this time different?  2 reasons.

We will set goals

I love the democracy we have in deciding which way the server is going. Its awesome. However, at some point we listen to all the opinions and got to say "yes" or "no." A small group and I will make the final decision. This group will most likely include Ferf, Ion, and Sacha after I have contacted them all. By doing this I am not taking power away from you, but instead assuring something is done about your ideas.

And we will accomplish them

Not only do we have to make a plan of action, but we have to do the action! One thing I have learned is I cannot do everything alone. I have a life outside of Minecraft; taking Calculus One, preparing for collage, and recently I have had very little time to go on the computer. I do not have the time to do everything I should for the server. The solution then is to split up the tasks.
Please understand that I do not believe that none of you are helping. So many of you have done so much for the server, much more than I have. Instead, I believe it has not been organized enough to get very far, which is my fault. My plan is to first set our goals. We will decide how to accomplish each goal and finish each one so they are not left unfinished indefinitely.
To accomplish more, most of the tasks will be assigned those of you who volunteer yourselves. So in addition to doing my own work, I will be able to oversee you as you work on other projects. Together we will get much more accomplished than I could alone.

I hope to get a lot done the next few days. I will try to be on the server more often this week. Maybe I could chat with you or  mine diamonds. On the site I will list what I believe we need to accomplish and how we should go about doing it, setting my plan into motion.

Finally, I just want to thank you all of you for your continued dedication to the server, and how so many of you have done so much for it and continue to do so. Together I believe we really can create something wonderful and make the server fun again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is currently turned off. Have fun commenting!