Saturday, April 12, 2014

Help Wanted!

The server is inactive. It is not too hard to figure that out. We have the potential of reaching the server maximum, 18, but nowadays it is an accomplishment if three players online at the same time. Something has changed. It could just be that all of you no longer play Minecraft and you uninstalled it from your computer. While this could be true for some of you, I doubt it is true for all of you. Instead the true fault I believe is towards the server, and as owner of the server, the blame is on me.

I have not done enough development on the server and neither have I played on the server enough. I will try to do better, though most times when I have tried to work on IN, it has not worked very well. Sometimes I do a large amount of work in a week, but then the next few weeks I hardly do anything.

So that is why I call on you, those who still visit this site, to help me. I cannot do this job alone. It is a LOT of work running and maintaining a server. Paying the bills is the easiest part. Below is a list of a few ways you can help me with the server.

Oversee my Work

That is just a fancy way of saying "bug me until I get my work done." Often times you guys have great suggestions on features to add to the server and I try to work on adding them, though sometimes I simply forget or do not do the work. It would be a huge help if you bugged me and reminded me on what work I need to get done. If I tell you that this week I finish setting up Permissions, you can make sure I am getting a little bit of work done each day. If at the end of the week I still have not done it, then you can really bug me unless I have a good reason, but if I just played too much FTL then you should get mad.
This job is pretty easy but very important. You would help me stay on task and remind me what to do. You would also prevent me from going in one of my inactive periods.

Suggest Ideas

You guys already do this so much, but I do want to emphasize that I love to hear what ideas you have so keep them coming!

Website and Art

Because I usually focus on the server, the website is usually neglected. I could use some help in organizing it and changing it so that it was more visually appealing. We also need a new logo because grey text is really boring.

Forum Moderator

Same with the website, I do not spend much time in forum organization. If you would like to moderate the forums to keep them safe and make the forum have a great structure, please tell me!

Server Development

Plugins make the server awesome. If you are great with setting up plugins and making things work, I would appreciate your help.

Server Moderator

I cannot always be online. It is important to keep the server safe and secure so I need people who can keep it that way.

Builder

There are some great ideas for the server and a lot of them involve building. If you would like to build minigame, arenas, spawnpoints, and other Imagine Nation Server structures, please contact me.

How to Help Out


If you would like to help out in any way, even if it was not in the list above, please contact me at imaginenationlu@gmail.com Any skill you can offer is most appreciated. For those of you sent in staff requests long ago, please contact me with the email above if you still wish to help out.

1 comment:

  1. I have been very active lately and have seen that a plenty of folks have been building all over but start to neglect the Village.
    I think it would be cool for us to make a community project to build up the village by a certain theme, like I dunno, a western village or something! Because right now, it's a cluster of ruins, buildings and crossroads!

    Hope you'll understand,
    Vicotaco -as active as ever!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is currently turned off. Have fun commenting!